Frequently asked questions
Below are some frequently asked questions we have answered. These are common questions which our customers have asked.
Please note, where “posting provider” is mentioned in these FAQs, we are referring to the service you are integrating WordPress with (Broadbean, LogicMelon, Idibu or JobAdder).
List of FAQs
- Are there any additional costs involved, on top of the JobRelay subscription?
- Does JobRelay pull jobs from the posting provider?
- What is the lead time on an integration?
- I have very specific and bespoke integration requirements, do you offer a bespoke integration service?
- Are there any requirements for JobRelay to work with my WordPress site?
- Do you have any examples of sites running JobRelay which I can take a look at?
- Do you offer a trial period of the product?
- Is there a mechanism for applicant tracking with JobRelay?
- What do jobs look like on my website?
- Does JobRelay have any ongoing costs?
- What is the process for an integration to take place?
- Do you have any developer documentation about your service?
- What is your refund policy?
Are there any additional costs involved, on top of the JobRelay subscription?
LogicMelon, Idibu and JobAdder do not charge any fees for adding the JobRelay job board to your account.
Broadbean always charge for any website integration and they do so for activating JobRelay on an account. This charge is less than a standard website integration.
Does JobRelay pull jobs from the posting provider?
No your WordPress site does not pull jobs from JobRelay at a set interval. Instead, jobs are pushed to your site from the posting provider.
Broadbean, LogicMelon and Idibu push jobs to your site when you publish a new advert and have selected JobRelay as the posting destination. JobAdder push job to your site at set 30 minute intervals when you have updated your list of live jobs.
What is the lead time on an integration?
This varies depending on whether your WordPress website has job board functionality or not. If it does, LogicMelon, Idibu and JobAdder integrations can take a matter or hours.
Broadbean integrations can take up to 10 days to complete, as the Broadbean integrations team are needed to add JobRelay to your account and it requires that a contract be in place for a Broadbean website integration.
I have very specific and bespoke integration requirements, do you offer a bespoke integration service?
Absolutely. We have been integrating WordPress sites with Broadbean, LogicMelon and Idibu since 2013. In fact we have integrated well over 100 websites (excluding those using JobRelay).
Please feel free to get in touch and we can discuss your needs.
Are there any requirements for JobRelay to work with my WordPress site?
JobRelay works with nearly all WordPress websites. That said, there are a few requirements for the integration to work correctly. You can find out these on the JobRelay requirements page.
Do you have any examples of sites running JobRelay which I can take a look at?
JobRelay is powering integrations with Broadbean, LogicMelon, Idibu and JobAdder on over 300 WordPress websites.
Below are some examples. It is important to point out that JobRelay is purely an integration tool, not the presentational layer. Therefore the designs you see displaying jobs on the sites below, are not done using JobRelay.
Sites below marked with an asterisk (*) are using our RecPress product for job board functionality.
Do you offer a trial period of the product?
Unfortunately not as integration steps are needed to get the integration working. However, we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee should we not be able to get JobRelay working for you.
Is there a mechanism for applicant tracking with JobRelay?
There are two methods for applicant tracking with JobRelay, where applications from your website can be tracked back into your posting provider.
These methods are outlined in the article below:
Applicant tracking with JobRelay
What do jobs look like on my website?
JobRelay doesn’t control the look of your jobs on your website. JobRelay just saves the jobs in the WordPress database, in the correct way in which your job board functionality requires it.
This is likely to be a custom post type or a job board plugin. You can read more about this is in the JobRelay requirements page.
We also have a product called RecPress, which provides a better WordPress job board on your site, done for you. Get in touch if you are interested.
Does JobRelay have any ongoing costs?
JobRelay is a subscription based product. This means that is automatically renews each billing cycle (monthly or annually) unless you have cancelled your subscription.
An active subscription is required to continue to post jobs.
What is the process for an integration to take place?
The following steps take place in order, for an integration to take place.
- Purchase a license and subscription for JobRelay on the JobRelay website.
- Provide WordPress admin access to the JobRelay integrations team.
- The JobRelay integrations team add the JobRelay Connector plugin to the WordPress site and complete the necessary setup and field mappings.
- The JobRelay integrations team communicate the necessary requirements to the posting providers integration team.
- Integration is then complete.
Do you have any developer documentation about your service?
Indeed we do! JobRelay is very developer friendly and very extensible to meet your needs.
Our developers guide to JobRelay is a really good place for developers to start as well as our JobRelay documentation resources.
What is your refund policy?
JobRelay comes with a 30 day refund guarantee. We offer a full refund within the first 30 days of purchase should JobRelay not meet your expectations.
Do you have a question that is not in the list above? If so, please get in touch.